Welcome!

Please feel free to browse my blog; any problems? Leave a commment, or email on f.e.warrick@hotmail.co.uk
I'd love feedback and welcome new followers!


Instagram

Tuesday 5 March 2013

A Sadness Runs Through Him. (personal post - please read with an open mind)

This post is personal, for myself and the person involved. I have permission to write the things I'm about to - but I would plead you to use an open mind when reading this.

Daniel - my wonderful, lovely love-bug of a fiancé is transgender. Some of you may understand this term. Some of you may not.

In short, he was born female.
 
 
He is wonderful. He is my man. And he is most certainly a HE. (And if anyone wishes to argue against that with me I shall talk the hid legs off a donkey and keep going until the cows come home.)
 
 
He is pre-testosterone (meaning he is currently not taking male hormones) and pre-surgery (that's self explanatory, right?) and today we experienced a tough time.
 
He tells me pretty much everything, we are agony aunts (and uncles) to each other and I love that part of our relationship. Regardless of the 341 miles between us we still offer comfort and consolidation to each other. Again there was the usual topic of discomfort; his parents. They are unaccepting, and very blunt about it. And the tension returned again to them thinking the wrong thoughts for parents.
 
It upsets me terribly to see that his own parents do not wish to offer support for him. (to me, I would want my child to be happy regardless of the pain and struggle it may cause me.) and it is a usual topic of annoyance for Dan. (And for me)
 
 
So, rant over. The purpose of this post was to raise awareness, and as Dan is open to questions i thought i'd leave it open to any of you guys who would like to ask questions. Just leave them in the comments and i'll get back to you ASAP with answers!
 


2 comments:

  1. Thank your sharing this personal matter. You are both so brave for going through this journey together. Hugs to both of you. Love is love, no matter who you are and don't let others tell you otherwise. It's sad that his parents are not there for him right now, but who knows, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much for the comment, he said thanks, too. :) It is horrible. But as you say, who knows right? I hold high positive hopes for his parents coming round, because I really do hope and pray that they do one day.

      Delete